October 8, 2013

Classic Beatz - Rumors of Royalty



Remember my dude, Classic Beatz! Yeah, I know - it's been over 2 years since I interviewed him, but since then, he's been on his grind connecting with some great musicians to bring his latest album, Rumors of Royalty to the people, and I, as one of his trusted confidants, have been made privy to the album before its release date scheduled for October 28thClassic describes Rumors of Royalty as the end of a trilogy which focuses more on his Southern Black American roots, rather than his African roots.

"The project is a mix of funk, soul, jazz, hip hop and house music. These are all the influences I've experienced growing up in St. Petersburg, Florida. If I had to sum up the album in a couple of words, I would say Pan-African Black American music!"


While I write and tune in to it, I can hear all of the influences, but most tracks move along the funkier jazz progressive sound which make for a delightful listen. The first single, "The Boom Bap" featuring emcees Fresh Daily and Black Spade allow the melodic yet hard core vibe of Classic's production to be the perfect backdrop to paint their lyrical niceness. Pre-orders of the album are available now! Support it!


blog comments powered by Disqus