January 7, 2010

Kil Ripkin: The Ghetto Correspondent




I got an email yesterday from a hip hop artist out of Brooklyn, NY named Kil Ripkin. He caught wind of the blog and decided to introduce himself and his music to me. In his email, he had this to say about himself:

"I am a member of The Coalescence with Torae. I have worked with DJ Premier, Skyzoo, Chaundon, 9th Wonder, Kurtis Blow, Khrysis, and Charles Herron to name a few. I have a single out, Mind Free, that is up on 2dopeboyz and other major blogs. I will be putting out an album in Jan and a handful of mixtapes following that. I also am about to leak a track I did with Khrysis, called the Question.... 

With a resume like that, I couldn't front on dude. So I flipped on one of the tracks he sent, and as I was listening to it, I thought, where had I heard him before. Given he mentioned he's a part of The Coalescence, I dipped back into my files to discover his feature on Torae's - Allow Me To Re-Introduce Myself mixtape and again on Daily Conversation (2008). Vocally, Kil addresses beats with an easy confidence that's rarely heard in hip hop, and his ability to deliver a positive message is clearly effective. As he is set to drop The Balancing Act later this month, one can expect that knowledge will be dropped and a true love and respect for the art and culture of hip hop music will be displayed. The east coast is about to bring the game back home! Get your minds ready for the rise of Kil Ripkin, The Ghetto Correspondent! Support hip hop NOT hip pop!

www.myspace.com/kilripkin

Kil Ripkin - Mind Free

Torae - Fantaztik ft. Chaundon, Skyzoo & Kil Ripkin



blog comments powered by Disqus