January 15, 2010

Muhsinah Warms Up Your Winter With "Summer"



It's been about 2 years now since my introduction to Washington DC native, Muhsinah. She is what I like to call, the chanting voice of heaven. Daybreak 2.0 (2008) set the tone for me and displayed a far reaching sound in soul music. When my ears first took hold to her via the song "Knetnot," I allowed myself a few minutes to truly fathom her style. Vocally, she's easily compared to Georgia Anne Muldrow, but Muhsinah holds her own over a fusion of electronic, hip-hop and funky soulful beats. The Howard University graduate and Grammy nominated Foreign Exchange affiliate knows she won't win everyone over with her style, but she continues to do her and allows her music to do what it do. Check the two tracks below to begin, then . subscribe to her site, The Golden Girl, and keep up to date with her movement. Support the eclectic sounds of the rising underground.

www.muhsinah.com
www.myspace.com/muhsinah

Muhsinah - Summer

Muhsinah - Knetnot
blog comments powered by Disqus