January 6, 2010

New Carmen Rodgers - Heartless



When I first started this blog, the lovely, Carmen Rodgers (right) was one of the first post I journalized. It's been over 5 years since fans have heard any new music from her, but that has finally come to an end. My girl is back with a fresh new joint, "Heartless" off her forthcoming sophomore CD - Intermission/The Bitter. The flavor on this track is a lot different from her previous work. Instead of the mellow grooves featured on Free"Heartless" takes me back to early 90's R&B which was heavily influenced by East Coast hip hop at the time. Carmen still has the voice I fell in love with, and she fits well over the sped up drum pattern and somewhat electric vibe of this moving track. Enjoy it, and make sure you support Intermission/The Bitter dropping 3-30-10.

www.myspace.com/carmenrodgers

blog comments powered by Disqus