December 24, 2009

Carlitta Durand & Vaughn Garcia: The Doug & Patty EP


NC resident, Carlitta Durand has been a very welcomed voice in my ear since the later part of 07'. It was Little Brother's - "Life Of The Party" that kicked off my beginnings to Carlita's rich and robust vocals. I became even more enchanted with Carlitta after hearing the self-gratifying single "Her." The bass heavy track with it's sensuous lyrics won me over upon first listen. I must've played that joint back to back for like the first 4 spins. She then followed up with the rugged, E-Jones produced "What If" - a tale about a past relationship that still longs to be, but another woman has taken her place. After a plethora of features on several projects throughout 08' and 09' (BuckShot & 9th Wonder, Nicolay, Zo! and my favorite, Roddy Rod's - "This Time Around.") She released her mixtape Carltta's Way (The Prelude) earlier this year, and now she's back alongside producer Vaughn Garcia (M1 Platoon) with The Doug & Patty EP. It's and early Christmas gift people. Get it here, and hit up her twitter to tell her thanks. Enjoy! "Doug's Funny Love" is my cut. Continue to support the talents of the underground!   

www.myspace.com/missdurand

Carlitta Durand - Super Nova

Carlitta Durand - Her
blog comments powered by Disqus