December 17, 2009

Chi Town's Secret Weapon


Before I started blogging, to keep up with the haps in music, I'd cruise through a few of my favorite sites for my regular fix of news and goods. During one of my quests, back in May, I came across an underground classic via WhenTheyReminice entitled Soon You'll Understand. Composed by Chicago native, Thaione Davis and produced entirely by the ever so slept on Rashid Hadee - Soon You'll Understand got me open from the onset of Thaione's spit game on "Still Hear." 'Ok, now situations at a stand still/ran those scheming it/like I ain't got nothing to lose/ not confused...' As I continued on through the album, I found myself nodding to every track and quite impressed by Thaione's lyrical dexterity. I was immediately brought back to the golden era of hip hop when duos like Pete Rock & C.L Smooth had you buzzing off the impeccable Mecca & The Soul Brother. Unfortunately, being signed to a small indie label (Jericho Lounge Music), one of the dopest releases in hip hop this year, flew below the radar not able to achieve its proper dues. Hopefully, he'll secure a better deal and guarantee another classic his second go round. Check out the unreleased "Notes In The Chamber" and one of my favorites off Soon You'll Understand - "Problems." Keep the art alive. Support hip hop NOT hip pop.  

www.myspace.com/thaione
www.myspace.com/rashidhadee

Thaione Davis - Notes In The Chamber

Thaione Davis - Problems ft. Rashid Hadee & Melatone
blog comments powered by Disqus